With AGL, you get $100 off your first energy bills, so $50 off on electricity and $50 on gas. In addition, you can get up to $100 in credits and collect up to 5,000 flybuys bonus points over 15 months, when you sign up online.
AGL provides the following reward benefits:
- Discounts from some of Australia’s most popular retailers such as Coles, Woolworths, David Jones, Myer, and many more. For example, you can redeem WISH gift cards at 5% offered by Woolworths.
- Vouchers for cheap movie tickets from a range of cinemas such as Hoyts, Village, Event, Birch Caroll Coyle, Greater Union, and Palace Cinemas.
- Restaurant meal vouchers of up to 50%
- Discounts on popular experiences and attractions
- Great deals on travel and accommodation
- Provides members with special offers on products and services, including WISH gift cards at 5% offered by Woolworths.
Besides, AGL also offers on-going incentives for signing up:
- $50 off your energy bill for registering online, which can also increase the appeal of a plan.
- Bonuses for referring a friend and regular frequent flyer points. For example, if you sign up for a direct debit, say AGL can automatically deduct your money from your bank account, then you can receive 500 flybuy points. Otherwise, you can still earn 500 flybuy points if you sign up for monthly billing instead of every three months.
Origin has teamed up with Woolworths Everyday Rewards — so you can now collect 1 point for every $1 (incl GST) of energy usage and supply charged on their account.
One-off bonus with Everyday Rewards points — earn up to 10,000 bonus points when you sign up to a dual energy Origin Everyday Rewards Plan – at least 5,000 points for electricity and 5,000 points for natural gas. You can choose to get $10 off a future shop across Woolworths, Big W, BWS and Caltex Woolworths each time you reach 2000 Everyday Rewards points.
25% GreenPower — members also get the benefit of supporting renewable energy generation at no additional cost, with the inclusion of 25 per cent GreenPower on the electricity plan. This means the equivalent amount of certified renewable energy is added to the grid for 25 percent of electricity used.
Origin Spike — when customers meet their energy saving goals, based on forecast energy use, they will be rewarded with points that can be redeemed for PayPal cash or gift cards. Spike customers who regularly reduce their energy use by 60 per cent during Spike Hours could earn approximately $250 per year in rewards.
For more information, view here.
Disclaimer: The author is not a financial advisor and the information provided is general in nature and was prepared for information purposes only. This article should not be considered to constitute financial advice. Accordingly, reliance should not be placed on this article as the basis for making an investment, financial or other decision. This information does not take into account your investment objectives, particular needs or financial situation.