You probably know about:
Earn 1 point per $1 spent when you scan your Flybuys card before paying. The same earn rate applies when you're shopping at Liquorland, First Choice Liquor and First Choice Liquor Market, as well as Kmart and Target.
Perks you probably didn’t know about
- Utilities — earn points for your spending with AGL, Kleenheat or Optus when you have an eligible plan.
- Fuel and cars — earn 1 point per $2 spent at Coles Express service stations and 1 point per $1 at mycar Tyre & Auto.
- Banking and insurance — earn points with a Coles personal loan, Coles insurance products, as well as other insurance partners such as HCF.
- Frequent flyer points — add your Velocity Frequent Flyer details to your Flybuys account and you'll be able to transfer 2,000 Flybuys points for 870 Velocity Points plus there are also transfer promotions where you get an extra 10-15% more Velocity Points.
- Travel — partners include Flybuys travel and Budget, which lets you put your points towards flights, hotels and packages, with each point valued at 0.5 cents.
- Credit cards — Coles have a range of credit cards that allow you to earn Flybuys points for your spending. For example, you can check out all the things you need to know about MasterCard benefits here. In addition, you can also transfer points from a Citi Rewards or NAB Rewards credit card.
- Money off your shop — earn 2,000 Flybuys points and can get $10 value at a participating store. Redemption options are available for Coles and Coles Express, as well as the following partners: First Choice Liquor and First Choice Liquor Market, Kmart, Liquorland, Target and mycar Tyre and Auto.
- Retail items and gift cards — redeem your Flybuys points for various items or gift cards available at the Flybuys store, including kitchen appliances, watches and wine.
Views all the flybuys partners here.
WOOLWORTHS Everyday Rewards
You probably know about
Earn 1 point for every $1 spent at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS, participating Caltex and Caltex Woolworths outlets, and Big W, including your online purchases. You can also receive a 5% discount when you pre-purchase your gift card online, such as eGift cards, plus you get an extra 10% off for the first Groupon.
Perks you probably didn’t know about
If you hit 2,000 Woolworths Everyday Rewards points, you can redeem them in three ways:
- Convert to Qantas Points — with 2,000 Everyday Rewards points equalling 1,000 Qantas Points and should appear in your frequent flyer account within 24 hours. This is an earn rate of 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent up to $2,500 per statement period. For more information, check here.
- Save at the checkout — get $10 off on your next eligible shop at Woolworths or BWS, or
- Stock up your points — if you don’t want to redeem rewards each time you reach 2,000 points, bank the value to Christmas and get multiples of $10 off your shop from December onwards.
Woolworths Everyday Platinum offers 3 points per $1 spent on Woolworths brand products, 2 points per $1 spent at participating Woolworths Groups stores, and 1 point per $1 spent elsewhere. With these points, you can use them across participating Woolworths group stores.
View all the partners here.
No rewards points
Aldi doesn't have a loyalty card. They just offer the lowest prices all the time. Instead they have the world’s first loyalty points calculator to demonstrate why they think loyalty point programs at their competitors aren’t worth it. Check it out here.
Disclaimer: The author is not a financial advisor and the information provided is general in nature and was prepared for information purposes only. This article should not be considered to constitute financial advice. Accordingly, reliance should not be placed on this article as the basis for making an investment, financial or other decision. This information does not take into account your investment objectives, particular needs or financial situation.